|Things I've always wanted
||[Apr. 24th, 2009|09:55 am]
• To take my girlfriends on an amazing trip and be able to pay for it all
• To host a formal party where we all dress up
• The ability to run for 5 minutes straight
• A man to buy me jewelry
• A song dedicated to me by a man in love with me
• See a Broadway show in New York
• Donate money to support a public garden upon my death
• To own and live in an old house with character and an awesome patio
• Beautiful but mismatched tea cups and dessert serving plates
• Glitter covered Mary Janes
• THIS is the bedroom set I've always wanted, for more than a decade. A cherry wood 4 poster canopy bed with steps up to it
• A hovercraft
• To go horseback riding
• Ride an elephant
• To make his romance fantasy come true
• A baby
• A published book
• Record a song
• Go visit Len and have dinner and play in the ocean
• Learn a dance with a partner to a song so well it is beautifully done
• Be photographed sans clothing in a classy way
• Grow sweetpeas in my yard
• Adopt 2 rescue kittens who are buddies
• See yellowstone park
I've ridden an elephant! I felt guilty about it, because I don't really believe, in my heart, that elephants should be in circuses and such. All research indicates it's a terrible, traumatic, even torturous life for them, and that's why every once in a while one goes crazy and does something like smoosh his trainer and trample through a city. But I still couldn't resist the chance. Their skin is SO rough!
I've actually ridden a camel, too, though I only have a very limited memory of it.
I really do understand your hunger for not just adventure, but experiences. :o) A very accomplished cousin of mine describes that as being an omnivore, life-wise, rather than food-wise. Despite all the places he's been and things he's done and people he's met (some of them amazing, even very famous) he says he's only met a very, very few people who are omnivores, and that people who are not cannot really understand the compulsion.
I need to make a list like that!
I was hoping to ride an Elephant on a trip somewhere that perhaps it would be out of a circus context, but I see your point. If it never happens I'd be ok with that, but it sounds like an amazing experience to have. It cracks me up how I have many animal related wishes. I do love animals. :)
I was thinking something like this
would be amazing.
A trip like that would so rock. Although I had an immediate and strong dislike for that photo, and I can't especially put a finger on why!
Your large old house wish reminded me of how I feel about my new house. I think one of the reasons I've never been as upset by the weird problems we've encountered is that I fell totally for this house, and I've lived in other old houses and I know they're quirky and have problems. But somehow, while I can't say something like a leaky pipe is fun, meeting those challenges is part of the fun, in a way. Kind of like how a person you love will do oddball things that make you want to roll your eyes but you still love the person, oddball things and all. Maybe even more for knowing the imperfections. And I don't have a big patio, but I do have a lovely porch. I can't wait to get my swing down here and on it!