|Things I've always wanted
||[Apr. 24th, 2009|09:55 am]
• To take my girlfriends on an amazing trip and be able to pay for it all
• To host a formal party where we all dress up
• The ability to run for 5 minutes straight
• A man to buy me jewelry
• A song dedicated to me by a man in love with me
• See a Broadway show in New York
• Donate money to support a public garden upon my death
• To own and live in an old house with character and an awesome patio
• Beautiful but mismatched tea cups and dessert serving plates
• Glitter covered Mary Janes
• THIS is the bedroom set I've always wanted, for more than a decade. A cherry wood 4 poster canopy bed with steps up to it
• A hovercraft
• To go horseback riding
• Ride an elephant
• To make his romance fantasy come true
• A baby
• A published book
• Record a song
• Go visit Len and have dinner and play in the ocean
• Learn a dance with a partner to a song so well it is beautifully done
• Be photographed sans clothing in a classy way
• Grow sweetpeas in my yard
• Adopt 2 rescue kittens who are buddies
• See yellowstone park
hmm...about 7 or 8 of those you could very well do! and do relatively soon.
it's funny how we seem to "put off" things that we want or can do until they seem unachievable even though they may be very simple.
it's kind of like the "i'll be happy when..." syndrome. it seems to be part of the human condition.
It's really fun to look at dreams and think about what I've been putting off that is really within reach!
A friend did this and it encouraged me to. I recommend it! It's eye opening.
Edited at 2009-04-24 05:25 pm (UTC)
I would love to still see a Broadway show with you in New York.
When you get ready to adopt the kitties, let me know and I will give you hints on what to look for so you don't wind up with a sickly one - which is unfortunately so darn common.
I think we should all plan a girl trip to NYC before we hit 40. We could do a long weekend enough to hit up points of interest and see a show but not long enough to require a ton of money or time off.
I have a lavender tea cup/saucer I should send you.
That would be lovely! I'm thinking about hosting another BBQ with some fun for kids. Maybe that would be a good excuse to hang out.
I'm planning to wear glitter red shoes under my wedding gown with striped stockings. :) My brother always jokes I'm the Wicked Witch of the East. Just keep the falling houses away from me! lol
Perhaps we could do black glitter mary janes for the bridesmaids? What do you think? We both get a long time wish!
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have those amazing Hale Bob black glitter Mary Janes, but they are way too high for comfort and I never did sell them. Ugh I paid too much. Anyhow, what do you think of THESE
which are affordable and come in Red AND Black? Also these
and the stripper platform
I have done ten of the things on your list.
I wonder, if I wrote mine, if you would have done some of mine?
I'll let you know! It's fun to write out.
Some of those are easy and one is inexcusable. You have been with Craig how long and this is on your list: "• A man to buy me jewelry"? I have gotten gorgeous jewelery for my wife under $50 that was real (auctions and antiques). It takes a little work but it can be done. What in the heck are you doing to complete your dreams?
I should be more specific. Craig bought me jewelry for Valentine's day 07! I got pearls. I'd like jewelry out of the blue.
This year so far I've:
1. Submitted a technical paper for publication and gotten it published.
2. Spoke at a conference.
3. Went to Belize on a whim instead of a cheaper vacation with my Mom.
4. Sent Bel a ticket to come visit.
5. Read 5 new fantasy series based on recommendations.
6. Contributed to the MS Society and exceeded my fund raising goal, leading as team captain.
7. Got my extra skin fixed.
8. Spent a day watching figure skating with my sister, just us.
9. Maintained at a healthy BMI and did 16 weeks of physical therapy.
10. Read several books and did 6 weeks of therapy, which actually seems to be helping!
11. Learned how to make 3 new recipes.
So all in all, considering the chronic pain I'm really happy about my progress towards completing my dreams. The financial stuff is not doing as well, but that's the case for most everyone.
Let's go horse back riding this summer. I know Tiger Mountain has stables and there are other places. Let's do it. I wanted to do it so bad last summer and regret not just doing it.
Hell yes! It's so beautiful up there! I love the idea.
I wish you didn't have to work. I've got meatloaf cooking.
I've ridden an elephant! I felt guilty about it, because I don't really believe, in my heart, that elephants should be in circuses and such. All research indicates it's a terrible, traumatic, even torturous life for them, and that's why every once in a while one goes crazy and does something like smoosh his trainer and trample through a city. But I still couldn't resist the chance. Their skin is SO rough!
I've actually ridden a camel, too, though I only have a very limited memory of it.
I really do understand your hunger for not just adventure, but experiences. :o) A very accomplished cousin of mine describes that as being an omnivore, life-wise, rather than food-wise. Despite all the places he's been and things he's done and people he's met (some of them amazing, even very famous) he says he's only met a very, very few people who are omnivores, and that people who are not cannot really understand the compulsion.
I need to make a list like that!
I was hoping to ride an Elephant on a trip somewhere that perhaps it would be out of a circus context, but I see your point. If it never happens I'd be ok with that, but it sounds like an amazing experience to have. It cracks me up how I have many animal related wishes. I do love animals. :)
I was thinking something like this
would be amazing.