|25 things meme-because I've SO been tagged
||[Jan. 28th, 2009|05:28 pm]
1. The first thing ever said about me as I entered the world was, "We don't know if it's a girl or a boy, but it has red hair!" Luckily there hasn't been much gender confusion since.
2. People who speak slowly annoy me so much that I want to jump down their throat to retrieve the words. Listening is difficult for me when compared with reading, which is why I hate the phone and much prefer reading written word, email, and texting as it has a self-directed pace.
3. I've loved sparkles since I was little. I said that I was like a crow in that I was loud and very attracted to shiny things. I don't have a subtle or demure/dainty nature.
4. When I first tried I was a terrible cook and even gave myself food poisoning a few times. Since then I've developed a love and talent for cooking, but I didn't enjoy cooking until I turned 30.
5. I enjoy doing research even for somewhat mundane things. It feels like putting together a puzzle to me and when it is completed it is very satisfying. For this reason I know many random facts.
6. I took Arch welding and mechanics training for one quarter of college. I am fairly mechanical and completed the ASE Brakes certification course.
7. When I sew I don't follow patterns and prefer to design or alter designs as well when I knit. I cook the same way, using recipes but not following them closely in most cases. The exception is baking. Baking is science, you need to measure well for that.
8. I enjoy tribal style bellydancing. Before I had my abdominal surgery and switched form of exercise, I'd been dancing for over 5 years. I miss it and hope to go back next year.
9. I've been every size from size 2 to size 32 in my adult life. My favorite size is healthy and the best time in my life so far has been the year of 2006. In 2006 I was a size 16 all the way to a size 8. I've learned that overall your size doesn't matter nearly as much as your physical and emtional health does for having a happy life.
10. I am very close to my Mom and she is my role model. I respect and admire her above all other women.
11. My hair and nails grow naturally long with little effort on my part.
12. I won the National School Choral Directors award, lettered in Choir, and was voted "most unique" my senior year at Sumner High in 1992.
13. My smile is worth more than any car I've ever owned. I have naturally problematic teeth and am thankful for the braces, crowns, and mouthguards that make it so I don't appear like my main function in life is to eat cabbage through a picket fence.
14. So far my 28th and 30th birthdays have been the best. Amazing parties, both of those! One was a karaoke party at an apartment cabana put on by my best friend. The other was a limo ride with the ladies to various nightclubs around Seattle. Both I'll never forget.
15. I've been an MSWalk team captain every year now for 6 years! Please sponsor me or join my team and walk with us! The walk is coming up.
16. I'm very motivated and like to set goals and strike them out when accomplished. I'm terrible at relaxing and having a list with lots of strikethrough on it makes it more likely I can relax.
17. I love getting the mail, doing dishes, and running the iRobot. I hate doing cat litter, washing toilets, and scrubbing the shower/tub.
18. I love perfume variety and wear a different perfume every day.
19. Craig and I met on eHarmony in 2006. Our first date was horrible and he became known to my friends as the "Beemer driving Republican".
20. Diet Coke, Text Messages, Glitter, and Lush Soap can make any day better in Lanetteland.
21. I prefer paperback books, particularly fantasy books. I started reading fantasy in the 1990's and have been a fan ever since I first read The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
22. We had no television in our home until I was 16 years old.
23. Each year I have a tradition of taking an annual vacation with my Mom. Those vacations mean so much to me and I hope that we are healthy enough to do them for many many more years together.
24. I believe that the "best thing I've ever done" and the "best day of my life" is in my future and has yet to happen.
25. I first got online in 1993 with a 600 baud modem on my Mom's commodore 64.