|First World Problems-Things that Annoy Lanette Part 4
||[Apr. 13th, 2008|03:33 pm]
So, just to recap, for those who are new, I'm making a list that I hope to grow to 500 of things that annoy me. Minor, first world problem things. This is to prove that I am one of the most easily irritated persons ever. I like to do this whenever I'm in dire pain and I await being allowed to take more medication.|
1. Warm Beverages.
2. People who can't make a decision about what to eat. You get to pick 3 times a day, so decide already, it isn't world peace.
3. People who speak at a slow pace.
4. Expired dairy products.
5. People who don't replace the toilet paper and just leave the empty roll on.
6. Single ply toilet paper or the kind that comes in little squares.
7. Places that have only Pepsi and not Coke.
8. Buffets. They are gross. Also, Claim Jumper.
9. People who have the goal to "weigh themselves less". Do the research and you'll find odds are better if you get on the scale.
10. The entire Fat Acceptance movement in general when they don't take health into consideration. seriously, many people DIE because they are morbidly obese. Doesn't mean they don't have rights, but sheesh, it's a medical problem sometimes.
11. Micheal Moore and people who are so paranoid and extreme that they give liberals a bad name.
12. People who stay with cheaters and wonder why their relationship sucks.
13. Low rise pants.
14. Uncomfortable and ill fitting underwear.
15. Guys who wear tighty whiteys.
16. Guys who fart really loud for a long time while peeing so you can hear it in the other room.
17. Sweat pants in public.
18. People who are bisexual vegans between the age of 18-23 who expect me to believe that is going to be "them" long term despite all evidence to the contrary. 95% chance you'll be with a man and eating meat in a few years, so save the explaining trendy one. If you are still vegan or bi-sexual after 3-5 years of starting, yes, I will accept that this is "you".
19. People who preach that the only thing that is intolerable is lack of tolerance but then refuse to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with them. Isn't that intolerance?
20. People who "pray for someone" and won't get off their butt to help a friend or stranger. Sure, Pray if you want, but DO something to help. Be useful. Don't just say you prayed and that's enough.
21. That awful song by Soldier Boy. Crimeny I hate that one.
22. All Conservative Talk Radio Hosts, starting with Ann Coulter (sp?)
23. Tongue rings.
24. People who have a totally irrational attraction to unproven medical practices and feel it's really important to share that message to any and every person, especially if it is a conspiracy that we are being poisoned or that some product or another is causing every medical problem known to man.
25. Facial hair. Either gender really.
26. When they create a roundabout in the US as a method of directing traffic. Hello? US drivers are retarded and can't even figure out a 4-way stop and you expect a roundabout to go well?
27. Camel Toe or Moose Knuckles (the male version).
28. Love's Baby Soft. That stuff smells like a cross between diapers and whores.
29. Parents who ignore repetitive sounds their child is making like it is cute when they are banging on metal things around a bunch of people. Your little sweetheart is a snot nosed sound pollutant.
30. Alarm clocks that beep rather than some less irritating way of waking you.
31. Commercials which use alarm clocks in them.
32. Songs with sirens of any type in them.
33. Songs which say the name of the band or artist in them. How self-obsessed are you?
34. Anyone who says, "But I love ____" as an excuse for why they stay with someone who treats them crappy. I say, love is not enough justification for a relationship.
35. Torn fingernails. I just hate that feeling.
36. Having to use the bathroom ever. I'm so tired of taking time to do that.
37. People who say "I love you" when you don't know them very well. It's so fake/hollywood.
38. People who yell into drive through microphones or telephones of any kind.
39. Those who try to barter at a checkout stand with a line.
40. Calling your partner the "old man" or the "old lady".
41. I think there should be a 5 year limit on remarriage. If you've been married once in the last 5 year period you must wait until that time is up to get married again. I think that would slow down some repeat offenders.
42. When you have to press one for the language which should be the default. Sheesh.
43. Confirming 87 times before you can get anything done on any phone system and most software programs. Are you sure you want to complain about this? Yes already. Cut it out.
44. People who think that dry humping is dancing. Sorry, get that crotch magnet away from me Mr. Dirty Dancing. Creepy!
45. People who don't like babies or animals. Seriously? Are you human anymore?
46. When people say that have a disease yet no doctor has diagnosed it. For example, "I need to eat. My hypoglycemia is acting up." Yet they haven't had any tests nor are they treating it.
47. Movies which have any jokes along the lines of "I'm getting to old for this." No, actually, that line is getting too cliche for any movies.
48. Food cooked without salt and pepper. Eww. Bland food.
49. Clothing with the brand name as the design. Gross. You want to advertise that you wasted a bunch of money to try to be cool?
50. People who assume that everything you have going well for you in life is due to luck or privilege, like your effort had nothing to do with it.
51. When you burn the roof of your mouth.
52. People who say, "Everything happens for a reason." What about you? Is your reason to annoy me?
53. When people stop right in the middle of a walkway oblivious to the world around them.
54. People who almost STOP on the freeway before they exit. It's called an offramp.
55. When you get a bra you think fits, then once you move around a little, suddenly you are sporting the Quad Boob look.
56. When you have a shirt that looks good, and as soon as you sit down half of your boobs are out in public.
57. When you go to the bathroom and discover that somehow you've tucked your skirt into your tights, or static cling has caused a major fashion emergency.
58. Static cling in general, especially since both of my cats have it.
59. Cleaning the gross mess of cat fur off of my couch and finding it has shed claws and litter in it, along with cat drool.
60. When my eyes turn red due to pain and people assume either I'm high or have been crying.
61. People who show up uninvited or invite people to my house who I didn't invite and/or don't know. I'm very protective about my home and if I don't know and trust you, likely you can't come over even with references.
62. People who call in sick for no reason. I go to work feeling like crap warmed over almost every day. I don't understand it if you call in sick and really aren't. I should get your sick day.
63. The way they size women's clothing. It's insane!
64. People who bring carry-on luggage on flights and crowd to the front when they aren't supposed to be boarding so theirs gets in first.
65. When you are walking and someone gets so close to you that your natural arm swing hits them. Don't invade my personal space for no reason.
66. When you get a lipstick that is a pretty color, but tastes disgusting.
67. That awkward moment when you go out to eat with friends and aren't sure what the heck is going on with the bill.
68. When people have so many face fillers that it looks like their whole face is flat and they smile like the Joker.
69. Women who tan so much that they have leathery looking chests and necks.
70. When they say on meat products "Fed an all vegetarian diet". WTF? It's MEAT. Obviously I'm not a vegetarian, so why is it a big deal if the dead animals I'm eating are? If I cared enough, would I even be eating meat? Well, it's sure a good thing those beasts I'm devouring are vegan, cause h*ll if I'm gonna eat that way.
71. People who think it is ok to be irresponsible because their friends and family will pick up the pieces. They deserve to be dropped on their butt. Tough love.
72. Stevia. It's the worst tasting sweetener ever. Don't believe the hype. Eww gross.
73. Plus-sized women in hot pants. Now, I love me some big girls. Women of ALL Sizes can be sexy, but for the love of God, not in those! I suppose that applies to plus-sized men as well. Actually, any men.
74. The song, "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie is among the most annoying songs ever. If she does a duet with Soldyah Boi (or whatever stupid way he spells it), my head could explode.
75. People who smoke in their car and drop the smoldering stench on the ground while at a stoplight. It sucks and is littering at ANY point, but at a stoplight I have to smell it too. I just laugh at them and imagine the pre-mature aging as a cackle in my car plotting revenge via fart projection into their car.
76. The lyrics to the new Usher song, which (and I quote), "I want to make love (in this club)". The fact that this is a popular ROMANTIC song is terrifying to me on many levels. Starting with the public nudity just met part. Also the implication that it is a stripper/prostitute. Ultimately, someone will use this song at a wedding I'll have to attend and that means I'll have to try not to laugh.
77. Speaking of which, brides who want the "sleek sophisticated" look of a plain white dress with nothing on it but insist on still wasting money on a bridal dress! You fool. Give your extra $ to me cause that's no wedding dress. It's an evening gown with a price adjustment.
78. Ok, I'm going to get SO flamed for this and was already called bitter a few times for saying this, but as nicknames go "Beloved" or "The Beloved" annoys me in particular because it isn't like the Oprah movie did that well, and it was depressing as all h***. Also, the whole SCA talk where you are M'Lady, M'Lord just kinda rubs me like a barbed wire girdle and I have to grit my teeth to just keep walking to not giggle.
79. People who have "our song" and it is something like The Titanic (where it sank) or Every Step You Take (which is about stalking), or most hilariously, when Chris (tdb) thought "It's No Good" by Depeche Mode should be our song because it was hot. ROFL
80. Roads without streetlights that have faded signs. Please note Beacon Hill and a few other areas in Seattle as prime examples.
81. People who say, "Idear" for "Idea" and "Axe" for "Ask". I have no idear where you got that. Let me axe you a question.
82. The word "irregardless" and those who feel compelled to point out that it isn't a word irregardless of the fact that both are so irritating.
83. People I meet who say, "That girl is really smart!" as if finding out I had a second head or something. Last night in the ER one of the nurses was saying that to a co-worker. Did I just have that stupid look about me at first which then makes it such a shocker?
84. People who believe that kindness can solve every problem in this world. Ummm. Ok. In that case, denial can solve every problem? If not denial, try being more naive. One of those ought to do the trick.
85. Another word which is annoying is the plural "process". We have processeese if you please. We have processes if you don't please. We are looking over our new dictionary. I think we should stay by it for quite awhile.
86. If Styx and Rush had a head to head singing contest for who could irritate me more it could literally kill me. Well, if I had a migraine I could dig my ears out of my head from the pain of it.
87. The fact that when I have to go to an Emergency Room the best plan of action is to choose one in the richest possible area because our health care system is so messed up that in poor areas it takes longer because people are in there for regular doctor visits because they have no other way to get help and/or the issue was totally preventable, but because they can only get emergency care and not regular care they had to put it off until it was way harder to treat.
88. When bands think adding an orchestra or a choir will make anything better. Sorry, but you just made a crappy song more annoying.
89. That medicine commercials have to tell the side effect, but alcohol, fast food, and soda commercials don't. "there is a severe chance of DEATH. do not use Patron' while driving. Those who eat our products have a ##% of dying prematurely vs those who don't."
90. Wedge shoes. I've resisted them. I have one pair, and I get tons of compliments when I wear them, but really, I wear them in shame as the look in general annoys me.
91. People who walk around with the "clueless but good natured" persona and they think being cheerful and pleasant excuses their lack of thinking. Can't you see these other people expending effort on your pleasant self and thinking for you? *sigh* So many people feel that "being a nice person" and "being happy" are all that matter in life. Those people deserve a society where that it is. I very much doubt it will be what they expected. ;)
92. Why do so many fat people in the media have to be perky and annoying? Marissa Jaret Winokur makes me want to claw my eyes out. *cringe*
93. Kitty litter. It is so heavy and so annoying with how expensive it is and how bad it smells.
94. People who ignore how much cleaning must take place in a kitchen. This is serious effort to keep a well stocked fridge that makes no person ill and had healthy food. It shouldn't be taken for granted. Do not show up at someone's house and expect them to feed you. It is rude. It is even rude if it is your own mother. However, it is never rude to offer up options, help, and ideas.
95. Those who do not put clothes away from bins. The go in to dirty bins and once they are folded go in to dressers.
96. When people and animals think that fat "isn't you". So, it shouldn't hurt to fall because things are insulated, or your belly shouldn't notice cat claws because it's just pudding. Nope, not true. It is still your body with nerves and all, and it DOES hurt.
97. Poorly "redesigned" packaging. Such as the new bottle for Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer. The new packaging has a pump which has never failed to squirt lotion on to my top, the tile, or some other passerby as I've used it. I'm not sure who designed the "burst forth" motion, but it must have been quite a contest to require this exact pressure for the lotion viscosity.
98. How hard it is to find shoes is annoying for all sizes. I used to wonder WTF people these boots were designed for. Hollywood stars? Who actually has feet this skinny? Now I'm getting fluffy socks and knee highs to try to fill in my shoes widthwise and my legs are wee for boots despite many leg lifts.
99. Why is it that we are advanced enough of a society to make 60 year old Tina Turner look like she is about 30 years old, but we have yet to invent a way to keep hair where we want it and painlessly remove it from where we don't?
100. People who think cougars are gross, but don't say a word when an old rich dude is with a young bimbo. What's the difference besides gender? Really, I think love is cool and relationships built on other stuff just are a poor substitute.
Yay. Meds now working.