|More about kitty
||[Oct. 1st, 2007|08:30 pm]
There is nothing else much right now. When I took him to his appointment they decided to keep him and watch him because his kidney numbers were so bad and they said they were going to give him IV fluids.
We picked him up from the vet tonight around 7pm. He was so hostile and feisty that they were unable to give him IV fluids and had to inject them under his skin instead. Anyhow, his kidney numbers were WAY better, although still double normal levels. They were like 50 times normal levels on Saturday.
That means I have to take him to get injected with fluids tomorrow night. There is no way of knowing how damaged his kidneys are, what caused this, or if it is chronic or just a one time issue. Once we get his numbers back to normal, he has to be tested weekly, be on a special diet for awhile, and be watched. We are just hoping he makes a full recovery.
There is no evidence that the food was the issue at all. In fact, it's most likely that a petal fell off of one of my stargazer lilies that Craig got me for an anniversary gift and he licked it. All lilies are very toxic to cats. I didn't know that. :(