I believe in your pain. It's real. You are one of the strongest people I know. I think it amazing that you get up and dress yourself every day, let alone work and be successful in your career and relationship, given the debilitating nature of chronic pain.
I'm still your friend, pain or no.
You will have good days. More and more of them.
Thank you! I'm already having fewer level 9 days, so that's progress.
2008-09-23 10:13 pm (UTC)
How about I'm sorry things are poopy, and you deserve a break already?
And of COURSE seeing you no matter how "non-fun" you think you are is still edifying time for me. I love you and just want to be around you "even though". I'm not going to stop asking you to do things. And I'm not going away.
I love you. *hugs you tight*
I love you too! *hugs* I'm excited to see you Thursday. Hopefully it will be a low pain day.
1. I know you are doing all that you can.
2. I believe that your pain is real and know you aren't making any of this up. Even though I can't see Endometriosis or nerve pain, I empathize and know it is real and that you aren't doing this "for attention" or some other reason.
3. I care about you and do not blame you for it.
4. I miss you when I don't get to spend time with you, but will be here when you get better and want to see you.
5. I understand it isn't personal even though it sucks when you can't do things because of pain.
6. I'm not going to leave or stop making plans with you just because you have rough days.
7. (If true), I want to see you even if you have on no makeup and can only watch a movie or do something that isn't active, because it's the company that counts.
8. When there is a cure for either problem, I'll do all in my power to help you get it.
9. It is going to get better. Hang in there.
10. I can help with _____________ (if you can and sincerely want to).
11. You aren't going to go crazy/lose your mind/lose your life (other irrational fears).
12. I've got your back when you need it. (not literally)
But seriously, I admire you for what you're able to accomplish with the pain you experience every day. I remember having level 7 pain - with a stricture on the way to the emergency room - where I demanded morphine to make it go away! So, yeah, if you have a bad day, don't sweat it - you come first!
Thank you! I would demand morphine today if I could, but sadly, I don't think it would be effective. :)
At least it isn't a level 9 day. I hate it when I'm crying from it.
Even there you're stronger than me - I would be SCREAMING, not crying.
I'd still hangout with you even if you had no makeup, hadn't showered in days and were wearing Craig's boxers! ;) We could watch movies, I'd make us some yummies and I'd even hug you regardless of how dirty you were riding.
Ahahaha! You've proved it more than once.
Well that's what real friends do. I swear earlier today sucked so bad I almost called you and begged to move back to Seattle but then I rememberd that whole oh yeah, I have a DUDE here and a BAND.
1. You will get through this. Just think of it this way, no year could ever possibly be as bad as 2008 for you and its practically over. The worst is behind you and it will only get better from here.
2. I think it's hot when you're riding dirty.
3. I do not think you are making it up, but I often do not know what to do or to say to make it better. I feel helpless when it comes to making a difference in any real way. I appreciate the fact that you had the consideration to make a list for me. :-)
2. You are totally cracking me up!
Thank you for everything. You make my job a true delight and I count the time I've had working directly on your team as the best time at work I've had, even during the reign of terror/crazy of ex-boss. :)
Yeah, that WAS considerate, wasn't it? *giggles*
How about "I love you no matter what and love spending time with my sister"? I think any pain post deserves drinking icons. hehehe
*hugs* Thank you. The drinking icons will make me giggle!