|Because I need it-Health Apprciation
||[Jul. 24th, 2008|10:30 am]
If you are feeling down, I encourage you to count up a few blessings. Really it helped me today. I was deep in despair this morning.
1. My scars-All 60+ inches of them, are healing beautifully.
2. I am the only person I know who had such major plastic surgery without complications at nearly a month out.
3. I am free from the "garment" now.
4. Pain level is down to 7. Granted, I'm low on pain killers, but I'm happy to be feeling good enough to work today.
5. I felt good enough to marinate and cook amazing steak last night. It was soaked in a fresh herb, A-1, Maple Syrup, and Balsamic Vinegar mix. Sounds strange, but tasted SO good.
6. Cymbalta may work for me. So far the only side effect is nausea, and so I guess regain won't be a big problem. I can take feeling a bit nauseated.
7. Many times the early side effects go away with time.
8. I have a cute little gym bag here with shoes and workout gear that fits, and in 2 weeks I'm released back to light duty like the treadmill. 2 weeks after that I can start lifting weights and doing squats!
9. I see the Orthopedic Surgeon for my toe on next Wed, Dr. Fauxlaugh for the LAST appointment with him on next Friday!! I'm going to take back permission to use my photos since I don't like him. Only for medical research can they use it. It's going to feel so good to use what little power I have to show my displeasure with being treated like his clay.
10. August 7th I meet with the good DR. K to discuss better pain treatment options. Is the Cymbalta working? Can I try 7.5 vicoden instead of 5? Do I need to see the pain specialist? Are there other long lasting agents we should consider? We are going to do what we can to get me back to a pain level under 6. I told him everything 6 and under I can handle, if I'm over 6 it's career limiting and my brain can't work right. We have a shared goal and there is great hope.