One thing? Just one?!
You are increidbly self aware and are always trying to better yourself (which is also probably why having a marsupial pouch and peeing sideways WAS so bad for you and you did something about it...) You strive to acheive, and as far as I can tell, you do. :)
*hugs* Thank you. I sometimes do and I sometimes fail. I'm a hardass on myself and everyone else and that's why I HATE to fail. I am furious for my imperfection. This is why I was morbidly obese and why I still struggle. I keep trying.
If you want to be an emotional wreck, I suggest the lower body lift and some Ambien in the mix to see how it goes.
When you get plastics they give you a hilarious "garment" which has a huge open crotch and butt giving you unseemly "buttlips" out the back that truely look like you are talking out your rear. IF nothing else, it is hilarious.
But on day 22 when you still hurt like hell, bend over to brush your teeth and your partner says, "Hey, nice buttlips" it isn't quite as funny.
2008-07-18 06:17 pm (UTC)
Several nice things about you
1) Because you stand up for what you believe in
2) Because you care deeply for your friends
3) Because you have a wicked sense of humor
4) Because you are a genuinely nice person
5) Because you throw yourself at things with energy and passion
And hey, that's from someone who has never met you in person, so you must be incredible in person. :)
Here's the crappy breakdown
40%-feel like a loser about my paper
20%-Boyfriend hurt my feelings
40%-Still hurt and not enough painkillers in the world for the horrid surgery I hda.
You are winning the war. You have a career, your own home, people who care for you and a sense of determination many people would kill for. You are obviously extremely intelligent and don't let anyone take advantage of you.
All this and I haven't even met you in person. *smile* It is a full moon today. I haven't stopped crying all morning.
I can say you are honest, funny, and a good friend. Having never met you these are the things I have seen in you just by reading.
You get this look on your face when someone is talking to you that makes us feel like you're really listening, and you find us really important. I love that about you--you make ME feel special for knowing you.
2008-07-18 06:32 pm (UTC)
that is so sweet!
2008-07-18 06:30 pm (UTC)
1. You are an inspiration to tons and tons and tons of people (particularly in the WLS community), including me.
2. You are very objective in evaluating both yourself and situations.
3. You are eager and willing to help people - even those who are afraid to ask for help.
4. You are very intelligent.
5. You have excellent taste in clothes and make-up.
Shall I go on? :)
You have a beautiful soul, so beautiful that you inspire me to be a better Thompson. Forgive yourself. And give yourself a hug from me.
Oh: And your career is amazing. You discover and invent things. That's amazing!
I think that you are witty, intelligent, and funny as hell.
Lovely is just frosting on that cake.
You are direct with people. I really admire that. You don't want the best just for yourself -you also want it for other people and that is a rare quality.
You have an awesome sense of humor. You're always making me laugh for sure!
Also, you really care about your friends. Both here on LJ and there in your everyday life. :)
I look up to you. Your humor, sensibility, and chutzpa are inspiring. You also tell it how it is, no bullshit. I love that!
You are going to get through this!
Reminder: someday very soon, a towel will be all you need to try yourself off. No hair dryers. No powders. No complicated routine. Toileting will no longer be an acrobatic feat to keep yourself from being drenched and smelling like urine. When you get old, caring for your extra skin and preventing infections and ulcerations will be one less burden your family will have to deal with. Because you deserve closure and normalcy. Because having that much skin must really be uncomfortable and once you heal fully, you will be comfortable.
Hang in there. Accept that taking baby steps might get you there at a snail's pace, but you'll still get there. You're not a loser. You should never give up. Ever. You've come way too far for giving up. Go watch The Neverending Story, for pete's sake!
I can tell you more than one thing about you that I think is awesome.
1. Even when you are mad, you are able to articulate yourself well enough that you make me think about things and laugh too, you always make me laugh.
2. Even when you were in pain, you still wanted to hang out with me and my family and go to a silly school play. Not many people would have been so generous about their time.
3. You have been through so much in your life, in so many ways, that you give me hope that if things were to get tough, that I can find inner strength like you did and make it through.
4. You are one of the most helpful, compassionate people I know.
5. You are smart as hell!
*hugs* Thank you. Not many people would have invited me after seeing that grimace, but it really did make my day better. Just being there made me feel like my dreams are a bit more possible, so thanks.
1. You're incredibly intelligent and driven.
2. You inspire me to take control of my career and take chances in becoming more than an office worker who files and answers phones because she's afraid she'd fail at anything else.
3. You call people on their shit in a very understanding and compassionate way.
4. You help people see their own truth.
*hugs* Thank you. I want you to know that you give me hope. If you can keep trying and do what you are doing with SO MUCH against you, I can get my whiny ass up for one more round and stop my blubbering like a baby.
I've been in tears all day just because I'm not GOOD ENOUGH yet. Not even not good enough ever, just NOT YET. On the first try. Well? How many people get perfection on the first try? Not too many. I need to pull my head out of my buttlips.