|Meme and Important Things
||[Jan. 29th, 2008|12:26 pm]
I sent a job to Craig that looked just perfect and he said yes it looks good and he may apply! We'd be able to carpool maybe as it's a Google job in the same complex as my work is at. If you know anyone with info about the interviewing process at Google, please let me know. By calling out to the network I already found out about 2 other jobs. There may be an opening at Surreal and possibly one at my company. Keep your eyes open for release eng and build eng positions with good potential to be able to learn other things as well.|
Comment and I will...
1. Tell you why I friended you. (Note: Because you friended me will be the answer in most cases). Now, why I KEEP you as a friend is a more interesting question. One reason is, you respect my boundaries and therefore I enjoy you.
2. Associate you with something - a song, a color, a photo, a word, etc.
3. Tell you something I like about you.
4. Tell you a memory I have of you.
5. Ask something I've always wanted to know about you.
6. Tell you my favorite user pic of yours.
7. In return, you *can* post this in your LJ.
Ohhhh, I want to go work for Google! Their perks
sound like HEAVEN. I wish him luck!
My company has all of these perks except free meals.
Dude, if I lived there I would totally go work for either your company or for Google. Oh hell, if I'm going to move that far, though, I will keep going and pursue my dream of moving to Vancouver to become a tv/movie extra!
1. I love your crafting stuff! I think you friended me first, but I keep you around because you're fun and interesting, not to mention adorable with good style.
2. That would have to be either crafts or the baby bangs.
3. I think you are origional and more positive than someone would think on first glance.
4. I remember you telling me about Etsy.com and I'm so glad!
5. So what IS your natural hair color?
6. I like the default icon with you looking up.
I'm a natural blonde... just kidding. Brrrrrrown.
I told John the only way I would move to Cali is if he got a kick-ass job at Google. LOVE Google's company structure and employee perks! I'll think good thoughts for it!
Good stuff buddy!
1. You friended me, but I kept you around because you have really strong opinions and that's good for my brain.
3. You are willing to take a risk to help someone, even if it might hurt you.
4. I remember how disappointed you were getting the news from your insurance.
5. What is your very favorite outfit and why?
6. I like the one of you and your hubby since you told me about the story of your marriage. It's heartwarming and makes me smile.
Yes, I am an...*ahem*...outspoken individual! *lol*
As for #5
, I have a few favorite outfits, but the one I love to wear to go out to the titty bar wih John and the guys is my favorite-est.
It is a black mini-skirt with zippers and buckles, and shorts built-in (from Torrid when they actually still had cool clothes), a red cami/tank, and a black overshirt with red accents on it, such as buckles. (also from Torrid). To top it off I wear my 6" platform MJ's. I have great legs in it, and guys always are intrigued by it. And the bestest thing? I stand 6'2" in the MJ's! hehehehehe!
And they have a star cut out of the platform...cutest things ever...I'll have to post a pic of them....
good luck to him!
I've heard from friends that working at google now isn't nearly as much "fun" as pre-IPO but that may be because now they are a bit less fun-startup-innovation and are more corporate-life (which, given his exp at Intel and MS, may be "right" for him). Their interview process is a lot like MS from what I've heard.
It is even more intense. To even get your resume noticed for the initial interview is the first BIG hurdle. It helps to know someone who works there.
that's always been the case, though.
1. Well, I friended you because you are hilarious!
2. Trifle and that meat cake layer thingy you made once.
3. You are hilarious and fun in person!
4. I remember meeting you the first time via Chris TDB at Jillian's.
5. Where did you meet your husband?
I met Mr. Jenner through a mutual friend. I worked with this person who said, you should meet my friend."
talk about pedestrian.
1. We've been LJ friends for so long I can't even remember, but I keep you because I love your crafty posts and you are smart.
2. Hockey. Can't think Hockey without thinking of you.
3. You counteract the sterotypes of hysterical females while still being pretty and looking like a girl.
4. I remember when you first got with Nick.
5. What do you miss about Seattle?
Cute and crafty.
2008-01-30 01:57 am (UTC)
would you consider a job in So Cal?
I work for the water district, there are always technical openings in IT etc...Anyways, I would love to hear your comments to 1-7.
2008-01-30 02:56 am (UTC)
Re: would you consider a job in So Cal?
I think Craig would LOVE to move to Santa Barbara over all other places, but I'm quite attached to my family here and my home, and my career is picking up, so I don't think it's an option currently on the table.
1. I friended you because you are inspirational in your recovery and I like the way you write. I keep you around because I need more fellowship from people who know what it is like long term to be in the struggle against obesity and emotional overeating. It really is FOR LIFE, and I can related to much of what you have to say.
2. Second wind. It just seems like you have life now.
3. I like that you are realistic about stuggles, but still don't make excuses for yourself or others.
4. I remember being really scared for you to find out about my surgery, because to some people it's an "easy way out" and they don't understand how much emotional work it takes as well and also how much physical work it takes. I'm glad you weren't closed minded about it.
5. Did you always live in California? How did you end up living where you do now? Also, what music do you like?
Because it's fun and silly.
2008-01-30 05:41 am (UTC)
Re: would you consider a job in So Cal?
Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts...I share so many of the same opinions as you RE: weight issues, politics, social pragmatism, etc. I think you are incredible...and Craig better realize he is incredibly lucky to have you as a partner.
I was born in San Diego, raised in Orange County. I went to 2 local Universitys for my undergraduate degrees (UC Irvine and CSU Fullerton) then finished up at USC for graduate school, then law school. I ended up here because of school, primarily.
I love 1920's and 30's music. Also a big fan of Mozart, Chopin and Bach. I also love alternative rock--AFI, Red Hot Chile peppers, Green Day. Some old school heavy metal. 70s 80s and 90s rock. Not a big fan of country. How about your taste in music? Are you originally from up north??