||[Aug. 20th, 2007|08:56 pm]
We are alive and well and back on the internet as of today. The new house rocks.
First, The good:
1. The first night here was like sleeping in the fanciest hotel you've ever lived in, but then you own it. The bathtub is to DIE for. I didn't get out until the water was cold.
2. I'm all moved out of the Kent apartment.
3. I'm so happy with Craig and glad we have a house now.
4. Both kitties are here and they aren't fighting that much, just a little hissing and meowing.
5. Craig selected our Washer/Dryer set finally and they are the Rolls Royce of laundry. A Whirlpool Duet 9400 series set in Stainless.
6. The sellers were awesome and left us many fun surprises including a huge sliding door extra fridge in the garage, so just wait until the housewarming.
7. I've been dreaming about owning a house forever, but I didn't ever imagine that it could be this happy. Owning a house with Craig is way better than owning one alone could have been. I know I can do it alone, I just don't want to.
8. Housewarming party tenatively scheduled for Sept 8th.
9. I am reporting to you from a spry 3.5lbs overweight!! The lowest weight ever...granted, not the healthy way.
1. Oh my God both of us are so sore and exhausted. Moving 2 residences into a house plus new furniture is a nightmare. It's been 3 days and we aren't even set up enough to cook.
2. The lawn is growing and we don't have a mower yet.
3. Some of the furniture was broken! :( Have to take it back.
4. House is covered in cardboard from moving and no truck.
5. Many dirty clothes and much chaos, but no laundry and the trash is full, but won't be dumped until Friday.
6. Just found out Wes is moving next weekend and he helped us SO much, we really need to be there. I just hope our bodies recover enough to be of good help.
p.s. THANK YOU to those who helped in the move. We really needed it. If anyone wants to unpack with us, or assemble furniture which has directions in Chinese, we would be forever grateful and you could come see our cats freak out at eachother. Really, it's fun.